my new view of Tline/CV
10 posts
9 users
2k+ views
crunchy
June 21, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
well, I pulled the trigger cause I thought the price was pretty darn nice. Its not big, but it was about the 1/3 the price of anything thats walking distance to the slopes, yet still very close with a great view from the back deck. I think I'll need to setup a webcam in the back window \:\)

tline:

cv ski area:

JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 21, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Congrats Crunchy.
In summer the Valley looks as green as Ireland.
Here's hoping your first winter it looks as white as Greenland!
skiTLINE
June 21, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Welcome to the neighborhood Crunchy and congrats \:\)

Where are you located?
kwillg6
June 21, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Wow! Welcome to our neighborhood! We have one place at the base of t-line and another on Bonner Mtn Road. Want to live in the valley (area) full time and will soon. Your place/views looks SWEET!!! Love to visit and toast your move with some summer beer....mmmm, Beer!
BTW did you see where this past winter had the 5th highest recorded snowfall in the valley????
crunchy
June 21, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: skiTLINE
Welcome to the neighborhood Crunchy and congrats \:\)

Where are you located?

Talheim off of Cortland Rd. (next turn after tline rd) Hopefully we can close fast enough to be up there for the 4th \:\) My agent mentioned some local resident that always has a huge 4th celebration with everyone in town invited.

Originally Posted By: kwillg6

BTW did you see where this past winter had the 5th highest recorded snowfall in the valley????

maybe I should get a snowmobile \:\)
tromano
June 21, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Nice diggs! congtats to you!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
June 21, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Beautiful! I know you will enjoy.
By the way, how many of the Canaan Valley regulars remember when the plan was to dam the valley and create a huge lake for recreation. Might have been interesting, but only if done right, with growth minimized, and the ski area (Canaan was the only one at the time) remaining open and accessable.
The Colonel \:\)
bawalker
June 22, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel
how many of the Canaan Valley regulars remember when the plan was to dam the valley and create a huge lake for recreation.

*shivers* don't mention the word dam. I do wonder what this political fetish is with dams?
dmh
June 23, 2007
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
Rumor has it that Black Bear, where I own a house, was built explicitly to be a lake front resort. The water would lap up at what is now the pool and I would be looking across a great expanse of water to Timberline. Would have been interesting. Deep Creek 2.0.
RyanC
June 24, 2007
Member since 11/28/2003 🔗
160 posts
Congrats on the new place- welcome to Canaan Valley! I'm sure you will enjoy. The views from your condo are awesome!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.