10 posts
5 users
2k+ views
MountSnow
April 10, 2007
Member since 12/9/2006 🔗
8 posts
Hey there,

Just letting everyone know that Mount Snow is re-opening for April 14-15, with discounted pricing and special bring-a-friend deals for passholders. Go to www.mountsnow.com/snowreport.html for all the details and thanks.
crunchy
April 10, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
man, stop killing me with this NE dumpage! Its painful to sit back and watch and hear about when there is absolutely no chance of me escaping work and weekend oncall because the other network g33k5 in my group are on vacation! and then I have to look at trip pics from Stowe on TGR like this, and start whimpering like a baby!

David
April 10, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Crunchy I feel your pain. I happened to like this VT pic myself:

skier219
April 10, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
The sad thing is that I could have planned an Easter visit to see my folks in CT and easily skied a couple days in VT. If I had any inkling the snow/skiing was going to be so good, I would have set it up. I just have not been paying attention to VT weather this late in the season. Doh!
crunchy
April 11, 2007
596 posts
well Skier219, I would start making plans for this weekend if you can! Yet, *ANOTHER* dumpage of freshies is heading towards VT as we speak. Please someone go, so I can live vicariously thru your trip report. I'll even pay for your lift tickets I'm already getting misty eyed about having to be stuck here
skier219
April 11, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am watching the situation this time! It looks like there will be a lot of mixed precipitation through the weekend, so the skiing might not be as enjoyable as last weekend. Saturday will be the best day I think. However, the cumulative effect + grooming might make for some great skiing early or mid next week....
crunchy
April 12, 2007
596 posts
oh how nice it would be to be in the northeast in a few days! this is the current storm, and people there say its already dumping.. maybe a mix closer to the eastern shore.

note: this has nothing to do with the potential noreaster comin this weekend. The sad thing is, i wonder how many places will still be open during the week next week even with this dumpage!
b2otto2
April 12, 2007
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
I just returned today from skiing in Killington and Okemo, all I got to say is Wow! the snow was fantastic, locals were telling me its the best snow they have had all year. Killington closed the Bear Mtn section on Monday and will open it back up on tomorrow(Friday) for the weekend, there was allot of untouched powder on that section waiting to be rode on...Okemo just announced its staying open till the 22nd, its my personal favorite Vt ski resort. Upper & Lower Chief and Upper & Lower World Cup are my favorite runs and they were in great condition yesterday. The long groomed runs at Okemo seem to never end, at least that's what my legs were telling me yesterday. The best thing about Okemo is there isn't a bad run on the resort. Its also one of those places where the locals only ski till noon, then you have the whole place to yourself ........
crunchy
April 12, 2007
596 posts
Quote:

I just returned today from skiing in Killington and Okemo, all I got to say is Wow! the snow was fantastic, locals were telling me its the best snow they have had all year. Killington closed the Bear Mtn section on Monday and will open it back up on tomorrow(Friday) for the weekend, there was allot of untouched powder on that section waiting to be rode on....

i hate you!
b2otto2
April 12, 2007
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
Lol. I know, I know .....

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?