5 users
1k+ views
skiTLINE
April 10, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Posted this on bike section but figured most of you look here

Just fishing here.....

Would anyone be interested in a mountain biking weekend at the Valley?? Looking to do some trails this summer and was wondering if there are enough DC Skiers who would be interested
skier219
April 10, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am just getting back into mtn biking after a 5-6 year hiatus, and would like to do some rides in the Valley if I get a chance. Actually, I am hoping to do a few weekends in the Valley this summer to hike, bike, etc... What kinds of trails are available for mtn biking?
skiTLINE
April 10, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Quote:

I am just getting back into mtn biking after a 5-6 year hiatus, and would like to do some rides in the Valley if I get a chance. Actually, I am hoping to do a few weekends in the Valley this summer to hike, bike, etc... What kinds of trails are available for mtn biking?

What kinds of trails???? Hell, Canaan Valley is known world wide as a moutain biking mecca. Blackwater bikes in Davis is a well respected shop. There are litteraly thousands of miles of trails.

With that said....I have never ridden there but have read a lot. Google it. I just got a new full suspension Iron Horse (had/still have old Diamondback Zetec).
RyanC
April 10, 2007
Member since 11/28/2003 🔗
160 posts
I'd be up for a DCSki hike or bike event in the valley. Haven't been biking in a while, but plan to start again once the weather starts permitting (which should be soon). We should start throwing some potential dates around. I try to get up there as much as I can during the summer to enjoy the cooler weather.
crunchy
April 10, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
id probbaly be into this also. But we woould need to somehow incorporate some fishing into the mix I think on weekends Tline has lifts running for mountain bikers too but you gotta pay for a ticket of course
David
April 10, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Quote:

id probbaly be into this also. But we woould need to somehow incorporate some fishing into the mix

I would be game for some mtn biking in the Valley. Crunchy, if I was able to make it and you wanted to do some trout fishing I have a few spots that are no more than 20 mins out of Canaan. It would definitly be awesome to mtn bike, hike, and fish with some DCSkiers.

BTW, Crunchy did you make it to the Valley for some turns over the weekend?

EDIT: Crunchy, just saw your post about the weekend in the other thread.
skier219
April 10, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I have been a saltwater fisherman for the last 10 years, but I used to chase brook trout in my younger days and still have one light freshwater rod hanging around. I'm up for trout fishing too!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.