Seven Springs Last Ski Day is tomorrow, March 31.
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 30, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
For anybody planning to ski the weekend at Seven Springs, their website (which has now switched to summer and shows no web cams of the slopes) indicates that Saturday, March 31 will be the last day of skiing for the season. This means NO SKIING ON SUNDAY, April 1...unless of course this is an April fools joke.
The Colonel
tskski
March 30, 2007
Member since 03/13/2003 🔗
122 posts
I checked the web cams Wednesday evening and there was very little snow. I skied there on St. Patrick's Day and couldn't believe the amount of snow that had melted between then and now. I don't see how there will be enough to ski on tomorrow. Two weeks ago I put in for tomorrow off thinking I could make one last skiing trip but I gave that idea up after checking the web cams. Time to pack it up till next winter.
SpringsRegular
March 31, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
You can back door a web cam here:

http://12.169.112.244/webcam.jpg

Also the 1/2 inch of rain that is predicted for tomorrow is the reason today is the last day. I am heading up in a while to clean out my lockers and grab my skis.
RobertW
March 31, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
I dragged myself out of bed this morning, put on my shorts and hoodie and was on the Polar Bear at 9 AM sharp. Tyrol, Goosebumps, Avalanche and Wagner (from best to worst) were all very skiable and the left upper portion of Stowe could also be carefully negotiated. The only tricky part was the narrow strips presumably made by the groomers last night that led into each slope. These became rocky and muddy after a few hours. Otherwise, the cover was very good, except for the bare spots of course. Glad I went...a very nice last hurrah.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?