Timberline conditions for demo day
5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Chad
January 7, 2004
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
i am considering running up to timberline for the demo day tomorrow. any idea what kind of conditions i can expect? i dont trust the website. i know it will be cold, but with not
much thawing in the last few days will there
be ice?
(Anonymous)
January 7, 2004
I can't imagine that there would be much, if any, ice tomorrow. They are making snow, we've had several inches of natural snow, they were grooming this morning and skiier traffic should be fairly light since its midweek and very cold.
Lietmotiv
January 7, 2004
Member since 12/31/2001 🔗
113 posts
The website is pretty accurate this year. They supposedly update it every morning at 8am and whenever I have been out there it has been correct. In past years it sucked.

I wish I could go to demo days. I'll be at Snowshoe tho.

Check out the Rossignol 9x's. I rode them during SnowShoe demo days. Talk about a great ski! I am thinking of getting some.

Chad
January 7, 2004
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
i actually wont be trying out any demo equip. my old snowboard is delaminating at both ends, and one binding is cracked. but when i point it downhill it still works fine. i will ride it until it falls apart.

i am only going for the $2 lift ticket.

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 7, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
The Timberline web operations have greatly improved this year thanks to the efforts of their new webmaster. The snow report not only tells you what's open but where snow is being made--very helpful.

Also, there's often fresh photography and written content on the site--another plus. I hope Timberline hires this person again next season.

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 01-07-2004).]

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?