Jamaican's @ Wintergreen
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 21, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Anyone else see that interesting and enjoyable article on the front of the Wash Post Metro section today on Jamaican nationals working at Wintergreen this season? One guy with little experience on snow was working on 360s in the terrain park by the end of the season. Apparently they hire even more from South America, but the Jamaican's have better Reggae parties
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/20/AR2007032001865.html
Taylormatt
March 21, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Nice article and good on Wintergreen for helping the Jamaicans. Jamaicans are hard working and probably the most friendly, outgoing culture of people I have ever met. I have been going to JA for 10 years now, multiple times per year. I love it there and really enjoy it's people...they make the island. It's extremely difficult for them to get visas to leave the island. I'm glad to see many more getting the chance to come here and work and make better for their families back home in Jamdown.

Even cooler to see a Jamaican rocking it in the park!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 21, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I spent a weekend at Wintergreen in late January and really enjoyed talking with the Jamacians that I meet in the restaurants, etc. They were very friendly and intent on pleasing the customers. They all were sort of in shock over the cold temps, snow, etc.
Good for Wintergreen,
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?