TL/CV weather continues to stoke
7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
crunchy
March 17, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
when I rolled into the valley last night and heard about CamelBack getting 18" I was kicking myself, because that was the other option I was juggling. Well.. it was snowing here when I rolled in and it hasn't stopped yet! gosh darn I love this place! The only thing, its hard to gage the snowfall amounts up here by eye, because of the winds/drifts. But the pow is so nice and fluffy! the top of the mountain has some exposed hardpack/coral because of the winds (and snowboards hehe) with lot of pow off-piste and in the glades and the lower 3/4 of the mountain is nice chopped pow and pow.

Im kinda bummed I didnt hook up with any dcskiers cause i was like 10 minutes too late for the meets both times, and I think I saw you guys a few times when i was ridin the lifts. that is, if one of you has a red pony tail

thinking about hittin CV tommorrow in hopes of some untracked pow since its been snowing non-stop so far. Im headin back to timby after a shower for the bonfire and lava parade/fireworks

peace and pow
jonjon1
March 17, 2007
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
Storm total at Davis 3SE at 4pm was 10.0". I've come for a getaway to Snowshoe this weekend with the kids -- looks like more like 5" here. But still snowing steadily.
SkiBumMSP
March 17, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
The skiing here at T-line is just friggan unbelievable!

I was catching some sweet lines through the glades myself. I even dropped into Pearly Glades at around 7 PM and still finding fresh lines (with many of the older lines filling back in making them fresh again!)

Hell of a way to ski T-line for the first time for me. Not only that but I also got to participate in the "lava torch" parade. When we started, the top was still wind blown and crusty. However, once got down to were the trees shielded the wind, the skis were just silent. I was the fifth person in line coming down Lightening before they all split off. That was a very surreal experience and glad I was a part of this crazy tradition. Talk about getting initiated into the "T-Line way"!

Will have to make this an annual event for me!

Oh yeah, when I finally left T-line to head back to the Canaan Valley lodge at 9:30ish or so, it was still snowing to beat hell. The conditions tommorrow are going to be friggan unreal!
crunchy
March 17, 2007
596 posts
nice job! .. the lava parade looked real sweet from below tho were you carrying flares?

Im planning on heading to CV early to try and get some untracked pow for a few hours then maybe head back to TLine for a few runs if CV turns out to be anything short of epic
David
March 18, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I am so jealous right now. I HATE pre-planned obligations!!!!
crunchy
March 18, 2007
596 posts
Quote:

I am so jealous right now. I HATE pre-planned obligations!!!!

I hear ya. all my ski buds are married and always look at me like im crazy when i ask if they wanna go skiing without giving them a week or more notice, so im usually ridin solo.

looks like close to 3 more inches fell overnight? I'll be at CV early if anyone wants to meet up. (red jacket, brown pants, nordica Top Fuel skis)
SkiBumMSP
March 18, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

nice job! .. the lava parade looked real sweet from below tho were you carrying flares?

It was two road flares duct-taped to about an 8 foot length of bamboo pole. Was pretty neat, affective setup. But yeah, glad to hear that it looked good from the bottom. Like I said, I was the fifth one in line, so looking up, it looked really cool. I could only imagine how it looked from the base, especially through the snow and all. Never experienced fireworks in a snowstorm either, so that was a definite surreal experience. Friggan skiing in the dark holding a bamboo pole with lit flares on each end and fireworks going off overhead! Definitly a very unique skiing experience!

BTW, just about to put this laptop up and get some freshies at T-line on this blue-bird day! Between Friday and Yesterday, there is something like 12 inches of total snow fall. This is going to be some awesome skiing today!

Time to go hit the slopes!
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.