Oakley A-Frames keep failing?
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
dcmidnight
March 13, 2007
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
Going to basically copy and paste this from my Whistler report in the main forum just to see if I am the only one this happens to.

This is the 3rd pair of A-Frames I have taken to Whistler on different trips and the third pair that have crapped out when skiing there. Maybe because Whistler is so humid and at altitude or what I dont know, but no matter what I do after 3-4 days it gets small amounts of condensation in between the lenses and gets this sort of frozen/permanent fog there that you cant clean off. The two ski shops I went to there said they see this all the time with the double lenses there. Dont know what that means other than to find some pairs of single lense goggles to buy. I sent an email to Oakely on the way home but dont expect to hear anything.

Yes the question would be "If they keep failing, why do you keep buying them" and the answer is pretty simply, I'm an idiot. I figured after the first pair maybe I just got a bum pair. Second pair I figured one more try. But no, I'm just an idiot for the most part.

Anyone else had this happen with A-Frames and is there an easy way to fix it?
Girlboarder247
March 14, 2007
Member since 01/2/2007 🔗
110 posts
This is my second season of using Oakley A-Frames, and I've never had that problem, but I only snowboard at Timberline. That does seem wierd that they actually freeze between the two lenses. Do you ever take your goggles off of your face and put them on your forehead? The only time mine fog up is if I put them on my sweaty forehead, so I try to never take them off of my face.

When they froze up, were they ruined forever, or did the ice melt and they were still usable?
dcmidnight
March 15, 2007
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
Nope, they are strapped to my helmet and I never take them off until the end of the day - not even on the lifts.

And its not really ice - its more just a cloudy "frozen" fog that ends up in between the lenses but no it doesnt disipate over time.

I'm beginning to wonder if its a combination of the altitude (did a lot of skiing above 6,000 feet) and the humidity in the air. But I have no idea.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.