Trip Report - Blue Knob, 3/10
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
wgo
March 11, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Made it out to Blue Knob for the first time this past saturday. Having missed out on the epic wed-fri conditions, what I got instead was a really good day of spring skiing. I started out skiing the intermediate glades on the upper mountain. In the morning these stil held some pretty good snow and I was able to find some fairly untracked lines. Mid morning I moved over to the lower part of the mountain. The bumps on Lower Rt 66 were nice and soft and perfectly spaced, though on the lower part of this run there were some bare spots and rocks to avoid. The backside of the bumps on extrovert were icy and skied off in the am, but in the pm had softened up nicely. I really liked playing around on lower high hopes, blasting down with quick turns and jumping off the isolated bumps. The Ditch glades skied really nicely as well - basically a less steep version of lower rt 66.

I did try a run in the boneyard glades as well. On the upper part the snow was very wet and heavy, but manageable if I jump turned. However, the lower part was really choked with underbrush. I know it has been said before, but some maintenance here would be much appreciated.

All in all, a really good day. Hopefully I can hit it next year right after a foot of fresh.
David
March 12, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Quote:

Hopefully I can hit it next year right after a foot of fresh.

**Correction: Hopefully you can hit it before this season is over after a foot of fresh.
wgo
March 12, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Quote:

**Correction: Hopefully you can hit it before this season is over after a foot of fresh.

I stand corrected!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?