Blue Knob TR- 3/8/2007 - Epic!
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Craig
March 8, 2007
Member since 01/24/2007 🔗
22 posts
OK, so "epic" is probably an overused term, especially for mid-atlantic resorts, but I just got back from Blue Knob and I'm still grinning.

They just had 10" of fresh, light, oh-so-soft powder the day before and all the glades were stocked full and the trails were groomed packed powder. No ice! Anywhere! (Wellll, at least in the morning.)

I hit Triple, Forever, Ditch, East Wall, Bone Yard, and Mine Shaft Glades -- something I've never been able to do before at the Knob.

East Wall was the only bad idea. Way too many small trees/brush to be easily skiable. Bone Yard and Mine Shaft coupled with Lower Shortway were just fantastic with plenty of untracked lines and foot deep powder in many areas. I was skiing some new Volkl Mantra's which proved to be awesome for these conditions.

Extrovert had honest-to-god powder on parts of it, though it had its usual ice-wall surface on the backs of all whales and moguls.

As usual crowds were non-existant so there may be some snow left for you weekenders. Go now if you want to catch the last good glade skiing of the year!
skier219
March 9, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Oooh, Mantras, drool..... I think you hit one of the rare Mid-A days where these skis are exactly in their element.
Craig
March 9, 2007
Member since 01/24/2007 🔗
22 posts
Yeah I was impressed. They handled the soft deep snow in the glades really well. I was even able to snap them around quick enough to handle that tight valley in Ditch Glades.

I'm pretty happy with my 2 ski quiver: Volkl Allstars for steeps and groomers and Mantras for anything crazy (off piste).

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.