Unbelievable Record Report.
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
fishnski
March 7, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Lets see..Mt Washington started this fling out with a record 37 below the other day...then this Morn Burlington,vt cked in with another 18 below 0 record...Stowe,Vt cked in with a -24 reading & Whitefield,NH cked in this morn with a record 33 BELOW O!! Shattering the old record of -16 just 4 short years ago...wonder what the record was before that?!!! UNBELIEVABLE...We Need a comment from you Mr. MASH!...Back down here in the Banana Belt we had 26 degrees this morn with about a Foot of new snow today...SWEET!!! Come on DCSKI..Arn't you craving some more Vert in your own Backyard? Are you just going to lay down & take these Arrogant-Spoiled Rear end remarks about the skiing in this area that we periodicly have to endure?....It was TOO cold to ski in NE today but it was Just right for a 2000' vert Mtn Like Mount Porte Crayon.WV....I would settle for only developing the top 1770' of it...1770..sounds nice don't it!...In the Words of the Absent Gatkinsko...BRING ON ALMOST HEAVEN!!!
David
March 7, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Well put....
Roy
March 8, 2007
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Did anyone see the footage of the guys making snow at Mt. Washington? They threw boiling water in the air and it turned to snow. Pretty cool.
crunchy
March 8, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
here ya go fishnski! some info and pic of Mount Porte Crayon I found that shows the area the developer wants to use for the ski resort. Bu they are calling it "Already Heaven"

http://www.wvhighlands.org/roaring-plains/CRW_0789-700.htm
Craig
March 8, 2007
Member since 01/24/2007 🔗
22 posts
I've been backpacking in the Roaring Plains area a fair amount. Though I'd love to see another ski resort in WV, I also wonder what the impact would be on what is really a wonderfully pristine, remote area.

Do you know which side of MPC they're thinking of developing? (West towards 32 or East towards Long Run Canyon)?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?