Best late season skiing in how many years?
1 post
1 user
langleyskier
March 7, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
My family has been skiing at canaan valley the second weekend in march (weekend prices go down) almost every year for the past 13 years. This year is the first year in a long time we are not making that trip but i have to say that i cannot remember any years in recent memory that the valley has had such a huge snowbase going into mid march (will have 30 inches plus on the ground after this storm). Yes, this weekend and the upcoming warmth will take its toll, but a base of 30 inches with drifts is not likely to go anywhere anytime soon and it looks like all the large resorts will be at or close to 100% open for another week or two and have plenty of snow on their snowmaking tails for weeks after that.

Also, i cannot remember the last time the snowtime resorts were at 100% going into mid march (not mentioning their fresh snow and recent snowmaking!).

Luckily, next week is my spring break and the weather is supposed to be warm and the bases are strong which means plentiful golfing and skiing for my friends and I

Can anyone remember the last late season that was this good? (2002???)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?