This weekend
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
wgo
March 6, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Any dcskiers up for meeting this weekend? I know that there was talk of meeting at the snowy luau the 17th/18th but this weekend looks like it might be pretty good...anyway I'd be up for meeting at CV/TL or at Blue Knob. Let me know!

p.s. I am really jealous of all you who are hitting the valley midweek! Circumstances have me travelling in the wrong direction (cville to DC rather than cville to WV) this week...
kwillg6
March 6, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
A keg of my favorite winter beer couldn't keep me away this weekend since I missed last weekend. It should be terrific conditions. I'm going to to t-line, as usual, maybe even a day early since the spouse is talking that up.
David
March 6, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I know its kind of pre-weekend, but I will be at T-Line on Thursday. Check this out: NOAA Forcast for Wednesday

After reading Wednesday's forcast my schedule just opened up (its funny how classes get canceled when there is snow in the mountains). Anyone going to be there? I would love to make some powder turns with a fellow DCSkier!!!
wgo
March 8, 2007
1,666 posts
Still trying to decide where to go this weekend - CV or TL. I guess I prefer CV on a powder day, but I imagine it will have all been skied off by satuday, no? Temp is supposed to be around 50 as well. So under these conditions would TL be the choice? I am also considering wisp or blue knob.

Thanks, any advice would be great!
crunchy
March 8, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
i think the forecast for the weekend calls for rain and warmer temps for the highlands doesn't it? I'm very hesitant about goin back because of that. Otherwise id be back there in a second, because after 3 powder trips up there since prez-day weekend, my new lover is without a doubt Davis, WV
wgo
March 8, 2007
1,666 posts
yeah,

40-50% chance of rain, 50-ish temps. I'm thinking that my going may be a gametime decision based on the forecast and conditions at 5:30 am saturday.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.