Snif?..SNIF!..Can you all smell that March Snow?
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
tempfishnski
February 28, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
66 posts
During the Early season snow drought I was Pouring over any data that I could get my hands on that spelled Snow. Then we went 6 weeks with Snow almost everyday(High Country) & I got Weather watching Lazy.Now that I have the Itch to take that last 8 hour trip to say my goodbye's to Winter I still find myself too lazy to search thru the extended Models ect..I did Ck out Accuweathers 15 day 2 days ago & nothing looked good.....Lazily I took the easy way again & Cked out the 15 day F-cast this Morn & Bammmm! What a turn around! Has anyone caught that?...Looking real interesting for the 8th thru the REST OF MARCH?....Any body Been getting any Whiffs?
Roger Z
February 28, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Yeah Utah has been getting whiffs. And the snow levels dropped to 500 feet in Oregon and 2000 feet around SF Bay. Looks like the cold weather has shifted west again, at least for now.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 28, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
The 15 day forecast for mid-Atlantic ski areas is generally pretty good for nice spring prospects, with highs around 40 and lows around 20, and many chances for precip. Just have to be lucky enough to pick a period when the precip is frozen, not the other stuff.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
February 28, 2007
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
If you read the Skiing Weatherman's forcast for the month of March and listen to the news about the resurgence of an El Nina, it actually does not look good for the month of March. The Skiing Weatherman is predicting above normal temperatures for the middle of the month and the NWS has indicated that the El Nina will could result in a warm early spring in the northeast. If this is true, we will end up with essentially a 1 month winter. It was a good one month never the less. Hopefully they are wrong and winter will continue.
fishnski
February 28, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
So we get rid of Nino & Nina comes on...Are they both Evil??! I don't know what triggered the 15 day reversal but maybe its a White & angelic snow angel at work! Yeh Roger, the snow looks sweet out west & I get tempted, but as soon as I plop down $2500 for me & the Good ole lady to head out.. the powder will be no Diff than what i got in the WV Alpps.To me its a gamble thats not worth taking...I'll just pick a good week this March to head to"West By God Virginia" & put all that "Powder" money into my new 250 horse power 4 stroke That will shockwave my new 23 foot fishing machine out to the honey holes & While I'm wolfing down some Jerked Grouper with Mango sauce I'll Just have to watch some Vids like the one Crunchy turned us on to of all that powder in the Utah Rockies!
kwillg6
March 1, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I agree with fishnski. The WV alps usually have excellent conditions in March. I think that this winter, albeit a strange one, will work itself out to be very favorable to skiers for the final quarter. It's not a sure bet, but I'm not into spending big bucks at this stage to fly the big bird to ski the same conditions that I am here in the east.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?