8 posts
4 users
2k+ views
wgo
February 25, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Hi,

I posed this question in another thread, but thought that it deserved its own thread: anyone know if Wintergreen has let moguls form on any of its slopes?
SkiBumMSP
February 26, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

Hi,

I posed this question in another thread, but thought that it deserved its own thread: anyone know if Wintergreen has let moguls form on any of its slopes?

I don't know about this year as I've not had a chance to get to Wintergreen at all, but I remember last year that they had some pretty nice bumps along the skier's left of Upper Wild Turkey (right off the high-speed six-pack).
skier219
February 26, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Last weekend (Pres. weekend) they set up a matrix of poles on upper Wild Turkey in order to "farm" moguls with skier traffic. I was there 4 days later (Friday 2/23) and the poles were gone, leaving some decent bumps. They were hard and crusty in the morning, and very lousy to ski. By early afternoon, they were quite nice. I don't like the shape/layout as much as naturally formed bumps, but they are moguls nonetheless. I rarely had a straight shot down the middle due to traffic, but skiing the edges was pretty good.
wgo
February 27, 2007
1,666 posts
Great,

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Think I am going to try for a half day thursday AM to beat the forecasted rain.
k_alice
February 27, 2007
Member since 11/22/2005 🔗
92 posts
As of Sunday (2/25) the moguls were still on Upper Wild Turkey. They actually made the moguls for Jonny Moseley, who was at WTG last weekend. He was skiing on the Highlands on Saturday and early Sunday in heavy clouds. I don't know if they've groomed over the moguls by now, but it seems likely they'll leave them for a while yet.
wgo
February 28, 2007
1,666 posts
Thanks.

I actually went ahead and called ski services at wintergreen and they told me that the plan is to keep the moguls on Upper Wild Turkey as long as possible. So that's good news.
skier219
February 28, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
They were pretty good today, if a little mushy in some spots.
wgo
March 1, 2007
1,666 posts
I managed to get out to Wintergreen today and the moguls are still in pretty good shape (at least, before the forecasted rain). Man I am tired! I haven't had the chance to ski a lot of moguls this year. I think my first 5 or 6 runs I was skiing them fairly well but after that I just kept getting more and more ragged. I didn't help that I skipped lunch so that I could get as many runs in as possible before the rain came...

Anyway kudos to Wintergreen for making the effort to ensure a quality mogul run for us would-be bump enthusiasts.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?