SS or T-line Last Week of March???
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Elrah
February 17, 2007
Member since 10/18/2005 🔗
29 posts
Hey! We're trying to plan our annual family ski vacation...we've invited two extra families in addition to my parents and brother (who's flying in from Colorado)

We've basically narrowed our search down to one house at Snowshoe, and one at Timberline--both of which happen to be occupied (on the weekends anyway) all the way up through the third week of March--so we're looking at having to wait until the last week of March to rent somewhere large enough for everyone.

Basically what I want to know is: From your guys experience, would it be wise to reserve somewhere at Timberline that late in the season, or should we go for Snowshoe? I know my brother would prefer Snowshoe...and we've been there more, so it's more familiar...but because of that, Timberline might be a nice change...plus, the lodging is SO much less expensive! Please, any advice is more than welcome!
skiTLINE
February 17, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Honestly, I love timberline, but with as many people as you have going I would have to say snowshoe. The main reason would be with so many people going snowshoe has so many more things to do. Skiing I am sure will be great at both.
teleman
February 17, 2007
Member since 07/8/2005 🔗
186 posts
go with the north facing slopes; better snow late in the season.

t-line

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?