Cheap place to stay for weekend at T-line
9 posts
6 users
2k+ views
SkiBumMSP
February 12, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Are there any cheap places in or around Timberline/Canaan Valley for one guy stay for this next weekend? I'd like to come up Friday night, ski all day saturday, sunday, and monday. Leave sometime Monday afternoon.

Thanks
jonjon1
February 12, 2007
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
I think it will be tough to find any place at this juncture -- much less a cheap one.
tromano
February 12, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
black water falls is pretty cheap... but availability is a question.
nome
February 12, 2007
Member since 01/19/2007 🔗
14 posts
Quote:

I think it will be tough to find any place at this juncture -- much less a cheap one.

How about for next season? Any idea?
SkiBumMSP
February 12, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

I took a quick look through their website to see what I can find. I may still try to call them tommorrow morning and see if there is just by chance, something to find at this short of notice for a single guy that needs a warm place to crash out after the skiing is done. Anybody got an spare bunk I can crash out on? I'll split the cost of a rental.

If not, I'll probably just day-trip it on Sunday (probably go to Massanutten for the day Saturday, stay over night there as I got a place to stay at the 'Nutt and then head up to TLine that Sunday morning from), as I'd like to ski up there, as I've never been there before. Maybe head up to Whitetail for Monday (find a Motel 6 or something on the way up to stay at).

If all that fails, I'll just go to Massanutten. Needless to say, I'd like to go somewhere for the weekend to ski. Since I am at Massanutten all the time, I'd like to go check out some of these other places as well for change of scenery/new experience. Don't get me wrong - I love skiing at Massanutten, but at the same time, I'd also like to ski some of these other places as well from time to time. I just don't want to spend a single day of skiing, than have to drive all the way back to Fredericksburg, only to drive again to go ski somewhere else. Rather just stay at the mountain or close by.
yellowsnow
February 12, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Village Inn Motel
Canaan Valley State Park Lodge
Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge
SkiBumMSP
February 13, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
I think I decided to bag it for TLine and go up to the Poconos instead. Hopefully the skiing will still be decent at TLine in the latter part of March. I'll have to keep those places in mind for then. Thanks for the help.
kwilli
February 13, 2007
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
8 posts
Skiing will be terrific in late march when mostly regulars show up. If you are looking for a fun weekend, you will want to do the snowy luau weekend in the middle of march. Book a room NOW if you expect to stay overnight on that weekend. Otherwise, enjoy the poconos. On president's weekend you may have a room issue as well.
SkiBumMSP
February 13, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

Book a room NOW if you expect to stay overnight on that weekend. Otherwise, enjoy the poconos. On president's weekend you may have a room issue as well.

I'll have to do that - sounds pretty cool! As for the Pocono's, I found a Day's Inn in Scranton for $55/night. Very near Montage (Sorry - Sno Mountain) and Elk Mountain. I'll hit Blue Mountain on Monday on the way home (especially as it is directly on the way).

Thanks

EDIT: Even better yet, I found an Econolodge right at the base of Montage for only $36/night! I figured between Scranton, Stroudsburgh, and Allentown, I should be able to find something that is still within reasonable drive of any of the 1/2 dozen or so ski areas up there!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.