Discount Tickets -- Timberline & CV
6 posts
4 users
derailer
December 29, 2003
Member since 12/29/2003 🔗
1 posts
I'm heading to Canaan Valley with a group of friends in a couple of weeks, and we're hoping to find a source for discount lift tickets. I know grocery stores out west sell tickets at a steep discount, but I haven't heard anything about that in the mid-Atlantic. Any ideas for discount weekend tickets for Timberline or CV?
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 29, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,987 posts
Most bargains get posted here:

http://www.dcski.com/bargaintracker/

(Anonymous)
December 29, 2003
I haven't been to Canaan yet this season, but I think that last season one of the fast-food places on the drive out (maybe it was in Petersburg)were offering discounted tickets. I don't even recall for certain if it was a fast-food place - maybe it was a gas-station or grocery store, but whatever it was it was visible from the highway (28/55) as we passed thru.
Norsk
December 29, 2003
Member since 05/13/2003 🔗
317 posts
Twas McDonalds in Petersburg, I think. On R side of hwy headed towards the valley. But I think those were weekday tickets only.
(Anonymous)
December 29, 2003
Norsk, I think you're right about weekday tickets. We went out for a weekend, which probably explains why I didn't take advantage of the discount.
(Anonymous)
January 17, 2004
To the individual who requested discounts on Canaan Valley...I represent a brokerage service. Currently we have Canaan Valley tickets for $30 ea. We've been listing on ebay as well so feel free to visit our feedback (Ebay ID: insidersc). If u need tickets, call us at 1-866-985-9673. Thanks!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.