Whitetail 2/5/07
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
john84
February 5, 2007
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
Went up to whitetail tonight, only skied for a few hours in order to make it back to rockville in time to eat and watch 24. Took my first run at about 4:30 on Snow Dancer; conditions were smooth wind buff. Took a run down Fanciful which was pretty variable. Headed over to the "expert" side of the hill. Drop in was hardpack and Far Side had some of the most difficult death cookies I've ever seen. Bold Decision was somewhat better, but still fairly scraped off. Best conditions of the night were found on Angel Drop---> Homerun, a loose, edgeable surface that skiied great. Left by about 7 to a temp of 8 degrees.
wojo
February 5, 2007
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
Quote:

Went up to whitetail tonight, only skied for a few hours in order to make it back to rockville in time to eat and watch 24. Took my first run at about 4:30 on Snow Dancer; conditions were smooth wind buff. Took a run down Fanciful which was pretty variable. Headed over to the "expert" side of the hill. Drop in was hardpack and Far Side had some of the most difficult death cookies I've ever seen. Bold Decision was somewhat better, but still fairly scraped off. Best conditions of the night were found on Angel Drop---> Homerun, a loose, edgeable surface that skiied great. Left by about 7 to a temp of 8 degrees.

I stayed till 8pm (temp went up to 9 degrees when I left). Upper Angel and Homerun were the best. Terrain Park jumps were pretty good, Lodge was VERY WARM! Hasn't been this cold at Whitetail in years. I expected a bit more ice, so I give it an 8 out of 10. Runs as good as expected, no line!
SkiBumMSP
February 5, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Must be nice to be able to live close enough somewhere to get a few quick runs in after work and before 24! Unfortunatly, the closest place to me is still a good 1 hour and half away from the HOUSE! Two hours if coming from work! But, oh yeah, it is quite cold here in Fredericksburg as well!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.