A Late Continuation to the Ski Season???
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Roger Z
February 4, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
The NOAA indicates that the El Nino is weakening and will continue to weaken through the spring. That could suggest a more dominant northwest flow and continuation of the lake effect that's blessed the Mid-Atlantic for the last few weeks. Even if that turns out to be correct (it's a forecast, after all, no sane person can put too much trust in a forecast), I'd just like to express my sincerest hope that the lake effect doesn't turn off on the Mid-A until sometime well into late April and that everyone enjoys a great ski season back east, whether it's on the manmade slopes with Otto @ Liberty or backcountry in the "Nordic National Reserve" with Swimmer. Here's to a long and fruitful season folks. May the best be yet to come!!!
Roy
February 5, 2007
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
The winter could go until mid-April but the mountains would probably still close down. Somewhere after March 1st, people just stop coming out.
TravisR
February 5, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
I agree, I skiied the Western Territory at the shoe last year and I was the only person on the lift serveral times as far as I could see in front of me and behind....places like snowshoe could stay open past their closing date but shut down. Conditions were great too!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.