West comes East
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
hockeydave
January 30, 2007
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
Yesterday's conditions @ 7S with the snow flying and the quality of the powder are about as close as the Mid-Atlantic will ever come to replicating Colorado or Wyoming conditions. I haven't skied in that type of snow in Pennsylvania for the last 3 years. The off-piste areas of Gunnar & North Face were awesome.
Leo
January 30, 2007
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
356 posts
Now we need a mountain-stretcher and we'll be in business!

Sorry I missed you Sunday, hockeydave. Looking at it snowing outside right now I may have to head up there at the end of the day...this is our reward for being patient through most of Dec and Jan, which I believe you were one of the voices of reason through that nasty business.
tromano
January 30, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Thats right bro!

Laurel Mtn. deepcreek, and CV areas We have had 2-3ft of natural in the last couple weeks it all adds up and mixes with the serious snow making they have been doing to create A+ conditions. This is what happens when it stays cold for a few weeks and all our 100"+ annual inches can build up for a little while!
tempfishnski
January 30, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
66 posts
Don't need a mountain strecher in WV...HMMMM ..Tory & Mount porte crayon come to mind... Get on the Bandwagon...Don't worry the west will always be the bomb & everyone can get get that rocky mountain high....It just won't be quite so..."Immediate"..If we can get 1 great Mountain DEV In WV Maybe you all can be proud & talk about your local MTns a little while on the chairlift out west!...BRING ON ALMOST HEAVEN...Get on the bandwagon..you Muddahs
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?