Snowmaking
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
langleyskier
January 22, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
I have to say that after the miserable start to this winter this strech of snowmaking weather that we have had over the past week has been amazing. In recent years i cannot remember such a turnaround where resorts are going from closed to 100% open in a matter of two weeks (whitetail should be 100% open or close to it by next weekend). Also, it is amazing not because of any extreme cold that we have had over the last week but how it has been so consistently cold, allowing resorts to make snow around the clock and is predicted to stay this way for the foreseeable future.
skier219
January 22, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Yeah, we are in the midst of a dramatic turaround, which is nice to see. I am really impressed by all the snowmaking horsepower the resorts have these days. Really something to see it in action.
kwillg6
January 22, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I don't ski Whitetail with fresh snowmaking and 100% coverage in such a quick time. Everytime I have, in the past, it's cost me damaged bases and a lot of time + p-tex or in a few instances a base weld There needs to be more than 12" of man made to keep the groomers from kicking up those base eaters.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.