Advantage Card at Liberty,Roundtop, Whitetail???
7 posts
6 users
5k+ views
brooksiepgm05
January 19, 2007
Member since 01/14/2007 🔗
12 posts
I am looking into getting the advantage card to ski liberty, roundtop and whitetail. I guess it depends on how much i can go, i would like to go every week if i could. Not sure on everyones feelings behind it. Since my job does not allow me to go up for weekends and drive further for better snow, i have to settle for these three mountains which are pretty decent though. let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Jeff
nome
January 19, 2007
Member since 01/19/2007 🔗
14 posts
IIRC, you need to 5 trips to break even.

I have one because Whitetail is just about an hour from my place. Too bad this season started late and is going to end early; now I am not sure if I can break even (5 trips).
wojo
January 20, 2007
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
Quote:

I am looking into getting the advantage card to ski liberty, roundtop and whitetail. I guess it depends on how much i can go, i would like to go every week if i could. Not sure on everyones feelings behind it. Since my job does not allow me to go up for weekends and drive further for better snow, i have to settle for these three mountains which are pretty decent though. let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Jeff

5 visits is about right, make your sixth all day (its free). Consider the Stratton deals if you are doing a visit later. It is somehting to consider. Some years are better than others. Next year by earlyand save if you are doing it cuz we can't have to bad years in a row

I try and hit W'tail mid week and can easily get 20-25 runs in 4 hours (more than enough) a couple of times. That helps.
comprex
January 20, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

I usually buy the Advantage card in combination with a Night Club card. One saves a fair bit of money buying before November, and then has, effectively, a season pass for people with jobs for less than $225.

The only disadvantage to that instead of a season pass is having to wait in the ticket line.
brooksiepgm05
January 20, 2007
Member since 01/14/2007 🔗
12 posts
I appreciate all the help. I like the idea of the 6th time, make it an all dayer since it is free. I am thinking about getting one and i guess it does not matter when you go. For instance for you to get the deal, you have to buy an 8 hour flex or such. If that makes any sense. I like the idea and thanks for your help guys.

Jeff
JohnL
January 20, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
I've had the Advantage Card in the past, and saved a lot of money using it. After the break-even point, it's savings from there on out. Just plan how much you'll be skiing at the SnowTime areas the rest of the year and see if you'll break even.

Next year, buy the Advantage Card early. I normally get the card at the early-season rates at the Dulles Ski Expo in early November; missed the show this year, hence the lack of the card for me. Missing the show may have inadvertently worked out, since I'm not certain I would break even on the card this year. (I plan on skiing several different local areas this year and have several trips out West.)

As an non-Advantage Card aside, the 4 and 8 hour flex ticketing is incredibly convenient. It works very well for the local areas, which are pretty much day-trip areas.
therusty
January 23, 2007
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
You can always get the card online. The early season pricing ends Nov 1, but you can get early season pricing if you go to the DC ski snow in Nov. Snowtime has booths at many ski swaps and festival type events in the fall throughout the DC and Baltimor areas. If you buy an Advantage card at one of these events before Nov. 1, you will get an extra $5 off.

For a single person, it will take 4 weekend 8 hour days to break even on the card. For those of you who are interested I built a spreadsheet that you can use to calculate your savings of Advantage card vs season pass vs night club. It's available on my web site.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.