Timberline's Internet Connectivity
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
nome
January 19, 2007
Member since 01/19/2007 🔗
14 posts
I am going to Timberline this weekend. My wife, a non-skier, is planning to tag along. She plans to do some writing in the lodge, and perhaps youtube-ing during breaks.

Both her writing and youtube (especially youtube ) require Internet connectivity. I never cared about the WiFi in Timberline before. So, does anyone know if it is adequate for youtube-ing?

Thanks.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 19, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
It's quite good. I use it frequently. It works well anywhere in the lodge and this is not a BIG weekend so the lodge should not be too crazy. She can also go to Mountaintop Realty. That will be more quiet.

Does anyone know if Purple Fiddle has WIFI? That would be my choice as a hangout during the day if I did not want to ski.
nome
January 19, 2007
Member since 01/19/2007 🔗
14 posts
Thanks for the tip. I prefer to have her stay near to the slope where she can easily watch people having fun outside. Who knows she will be enticed to try skiing again.
yellowsnow
January 19, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Don't know about the Fiddle, but Canaan Valley Store has it.
dmh
January 19, 2007
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
The Fiddle has it and it a nice place to hangout. Black Bear Resort has it in the lodge and is a very fast connection. Canaan Stores/its new deli-restuarant has it but not sure about it's speed. Does Canaan Valley State Park lodge have it? I know it has access in the rooms.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?