Have u ever thought that you should KICK yourself!
7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Eug
January 18, 2007
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Well, I should kick myself and/or smash my own head against a brick wall...

I was checking out a thrift shop this past Thursday and I saw a pair of K2 Merlins in great shape. They were the black/gray model in 168. The bases looked really good. No major nicks or p-tex. They were only asking $9.95.

I held them, looked at them and put them back and decided that I did not need another pair of skis. So, I was having 'should have bought them' remorse all weekend. Went back to the thrift shop on Monday and, WHAAAA!, they were gone. GONE! GONE!

What a dumb ass!! I should have picked them up and have a great pair of rock skis. I felt like kicking myself over and over again. Still today I regret not buying them. Ten dollars, that's it all was, stinking 10 dollars!!

Anybody else have one of those 'kick yourself' moments??

PS. Great, cold weather is finally here
skier219
January 18, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
That would have been a fairly good deal but those skis are seriously outdated at this point -- are you sure you even wanted to ski on them? I have a pair of Olin DSNT skis in my garage, which were a cousin of the Merlins (complete with the piezo plate and blinking light). They were great skis in their day, but I probably couldn't bear to ski them after a few years on modern wider skis with a deeper sidecut. It doesn't help that the Olins are 200cm -- my longest ski now is 184cm!

I also have a pair of Elan MBX skis in my garage, 200cm, that are fairly mint for a 1992 ski. These were the first cap skis, and are classics. I have contemplated taking them out for fun, but decided I'll probably just put them on the wall at some point.
Ullr
January 18, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
They must look like these then:

I am sure yours have the Geeze 90 bindings, right?
Eug
January 19, 2007
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Hum... The Merlins were shaped skis and I was guessing maybe 6 - 7 years old... 168 cm. Not a long or pencil ski

They look just like these skis that were on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/K2-MERLIN-shaped-ski...1QQcmdZViewItem
Ullr
January 19, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Uh, I was actually talking to 219 and his Elans. Sorry for the confusion................
Bumps
January 19, 2007
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
The wife harrasses me about Kastle RX12 I have downstairs.With a very 80's color scheme. I have to move them around every so often to keep them out of her site. I wont even talk abot the Nordica boots with wire tightener to clamp your foot down.
skier219
January 22, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

They must look like these then:

I am sure yours have the Geeze 90 bindings, right?

Yep, those are the ones! Got the white/green G93 Geze bindings on them.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?