No more unseason
6 posts
3 users
1k+ views
kwillg6
January 17, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
By the look of every weather service that I can find, it appears that the unseason is gone...at least for the forseeable future. Now we can get back to the usual business of anticipating and discussing pow-pow dumps, white roads, brass monkey parts, and winter beer. (also no more discussions of the "dirt chicken" until real mud season)
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 17, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
It appears that Timberline still is not making snow on any of the blue terrain? Does anyone know what their snowmaking game plan is these days?

Hopefully, they intend to refresh what they have open for a night or two and the move on to the west side trails, starting with Wintersett.
kwillg6
January 17, 2007
2,066 posts
It appears that they are freshening up what they have open right now. I imagine that they lost a lot of what they made last week and whatever was left became bullet proof. I'm optimistic though.
tgd
January 17, 2007
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
They had Lower Almost Heaven open during Xmas week. It melted away the next weekend, and there was nothing but a few small piles of snow left last weekend. They positioned lots of snow making equipment on that part of the slope ready to go. I could not see any snow making equipment in place near the top of Dew Drop, Almost Heaven, or Twister.
kwillg6
January 17, 2007
2,066 posts
There were a dozen or so guns sitting at the top of DD on Saturday. They were ready to be deployed to position unless they were moved back to WL. Who knows? All I know is that they have a snow making window for the forseeable future and if they make 24/7 there will be significant terrain open within the next two weeks unless it those waskly, weeky pipes....
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 17, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
If this cold weather holds out as long as I hope, we should be in pretty good shape.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?