T-Line or Wisp
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
December 22, 2003
I am going skiing tomorow but can't decide whether or not to go to Timberline or Wisp. I know T-Line has a lot of slopes open with natural snow, so after the warm day today they might not have as many. So if I could get some opinions on which to go I would greatly appreciate it.
(Anonymous)
December 22, 2003
Timberline was spectacular on Saturday. Knee deep on most of the Drop, Off the Wall and Silver Streak. They also got some more of the lower part of the mountain open with Lower Heaven and Good Intentions. I'm not sure how much this warm weather will hurt things. I'd just call them up and see how things are holding up. You should be ok as long as we don't get rain. It was 35 at 5:30 am in Canaan today. But it has been overcast most of the day so there probably won't be a huge amount of melt. Of course if you want to be able to ski the whole area, Wisp might be a better choice. If OTW and the Drop are closed I'd consider Wisp, otherwise I'd hit T-line. Which do you live closer to?
(Anonymous)
December 22, 2003
I live closer to Wisp, but have been there a few times already this season.
canaanman
December 24, 2003
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
I must say, Darren, Sunday was by far the most spectacular. Waist-deep powder on just about everything other than Salamander and White Lightning. There may or may not have been enough powder in Cherry Bowl... remember, half of maybe is yes. I can say that the new glades are really nothing special. Very flat (though they don't look it from the lift), and pretty thin, I hit a lot of stuff under the snow.

Today, the 23rd, the conditions were, in my opinion, horrible. Dew Drop was the only trail worthy of heading down the majority of the day... for it was the only thing groomed in the morning. "Ice" Lightning lived up to its new name, and was a sheet of ice, despite the late-night grooming it received... everything melted and froze solid. Didn't even attempt The Drop or Off-The-Wall today, as in they were very bare in many places on Monday, the 22nd. Otherwise, a pretty good weekend on the slopes.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.