Things for the wife
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
December 18, 2003
Hey there,
I got such a good response before about driving that I figured I would give this a shot.
My wife cannot ski(knee) so I was looking for something for us to do one night without kids-any great restaurants, horse drawn sleighs, etc that I can use to make up for my skiing addiction?

Thanks,
David

PhysicsMan
December 18, 2003
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
Ahh, let me get this straight: You are alone with your wife for a night, and you don't know what to do. :rolleyes:

Might I suggest that you rephrase your inquiry?

Tom / PM

PS - Sorry ... Couldn't resist!

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 19, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,991 posts
Four cool places to go:

1. Purple Fiddle Cafe in Thomas. This is the Canaan Valley's answer to the Birchmere: authentic regional music, cool atmosphere, and great people.

http://www.purplefiddle.com/

2. White Grass Cafe (you'll need a reservation for dinner) at the WG Nordic Center.

www.whitegrass.com

Interesting food and even more interesting people.

3. Ice skating. I don't know if your wife can do it because of her bum knee but CV has a rink.

4. Timbers Pub at Timberline. It offers movies some nights and live music on other nights. Check with Timberline for a schedule of events. www.skitimberline.com

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 12-19-2003).]

(Anonymous)
December 19, 2003
Another nice resturant is the Cheat River Inn just outside of Elkins toward Harman on Old Route 33. Its a fairly cozy little place. Not to expensive. They have some great trout dishes if you like fish. From the Valley you would take 32 south to Harman, pick up 33 West and then turn right on to Old 33 right before you cross the bridge for the 4 lane section of Rt 33. Then its several miles out old 33 on your left just as you cross over the big green truss bridge. If the roads aren't too bad it might be worth a try.
ridesno
December 19, 2003
Member since 11/22/2003 🔗
9 posts
hey david,
you said your wife can't due to a bad knee. Have you thought about putting her on a board. Don't laugh. This is way I say this. I had to give up skiing due to a knee (ACL, MCL, and 48% of cart. is gone) and have now turned to a board which is great!!!!!!

If you can get her on the snow you wan't be alone anymore.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.