4 users
1k+ views
Roger Z
January 10, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Check out this modeling info from Jesse Ferrell at Accuweather:

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-blogs.a...:49&month=1

One can only hope those predictions will come true! Sadly, I'll be in NM the night he's calling for lows of -10 to -15 here in KC. It'd be great to wake up to some -10 weather! But, if there's snow all the way to the Gulf, I think we'll all be having a great end of January!
bawalker
January 11, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
`bout time. Looks like everything from WV to Kansas will benefit:

"Next week's cold outbreak doesn't dip that far south or east, but the GFS predicts that will happen on the 26th, when the -15 line will reach Kansas and Missouri, and temperatures will be below zero on the northern border of Arkansas and Tennessee, as well as much of West Virginia. The major East Coast cities will be around 10 above on the morning of the 27th -- then the GFS's forecast period is over so we can't tell what happens after that but the next night might be even colder in the major cities."
TravisR
January 11, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
Bring on WINTER! This week has just been a tease!

The cold is great news for snowmakers, but I gotta have the natrual stuff to ski my hill. Maybe next week or whenever this real cold outbreak, we'll all embrace a severe winter storm that moves out of the gulf and up the east coast, ya know...superstorm 1993 type!!! I WISH! I'll take anything over the winter we've had so far!
dcmidnight
January 12, 2007
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
Cripes I hate being on these email lists and yet not actual getting to be there - yet:

"We have more snow than we know what to do with and skiers and riders at Whistler Blackcomb have been reveling in the record breaking bounty. Close to 9 meters (29 feet) of snow has fallen so far this season - the most the resort has ever seen by this time of year."

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.