Snowshoe NO RISK reservations
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 9, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I received an email from Snowshoe that indicated they have a no risk reservation policy for reservations made by Jan 15. I wish all the other resorts were responding to this lack of snow crisis with such a policy.
Here is the referenced portion of the general emailing:
"No Risk Reservation Policy
Making a reservation at Snowshoe Mountain has never been easier. When you book your winter 06/07 reservations between January 3, 2007 and January 15, 2007 and you will receive a cancellation guarantee for any reservation between now and the end of the season. That's right, we're offering a 100% money back guarantee on all reservations booked between now and January 15, 2007, as long as your reservation is cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival.

Winter is too short to miss visiting the largest winter resort in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast! Availability remains for nearly all times of the winter so book your reservation today.
>> No Risk Reservation Policy
Call 1-877-441-4FUN to make your reservation or
>> View rates and availability online "
Cool, huh? Because of this I am making reservations now for early Feb.
The Colonel
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 9, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
WOW...an amazing amount of snow making power!! Read this taken from today's Wintergreen report.
"And, did you know that Wintergreen's snowmaking system pumps out so much snow, when temperatures hit the mid-twenties and below, we could cover a football field with 37 feet of snow in twenty four hours? Remember, weather is a lot different on top of the mountain than in our "hometowns" of Charlottesville, Washington DC, Richmond, and Raleigh/Durham, so continue to check our website!"
To put in context...that would equal covering a trail over two miles long with over a foot of snow in 24 hours. AND visit the Wisp site...very therapeutic seeing all those guns spewing beautiful white powder! It sure looks like everone of Wisp's guns are going full blast.
A little warm up this weekend and then WHAM winter returns.
The Colonel
fishnski
January 9, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Thanks for the tip Colonel Sir...Thats aggressive marketing! I'll pass that tip on to my Snowmies down here in the southland(all ready spent T-Giving there..Got a place at Canaan) With the DCski SS F-cast of 3 to 5 inches for tonite & all the manmade...We are talkin an alliance that gives Snowshoe a Manmade/Mother nature BLIZZARD! YEE HAA!
bawalker
January 9, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Got the same email. Do you know if they offer any deals for a single guy going and staying? I'd hate to go and spend a full $199 or whatever it is for the room if it's just me. Or do they offer deals for March that are heavily discountered?
skier219
January 11, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

Got the same email. Do you know if they offer any deals for a single guy going and staying? I'd hate to go and spend a full $199 or whatever it is for the room if it's just me. Or do they offer deals for March that are heavily discountered?

Towards the end of the season the deals are cheaper so you can afford double occupancy even with one person in some cases. That is what I have done. Or stay at the Red carpet Inn in Barstow, about 40 minutes away. Only about $55 per night.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.