Park City discount lift tickets
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
MattM
December 21, 2006
Member since 03/1/2006 🔗
23 posts
Does anybody have any experience with buying discount lift tickets for the Park City resorts, Snowbird and Alta? I've looked at number of packages on the internet but I'm somewhat leary. Ideally I would like to purchase these before I leave. The trip is 3/9/07 to 3/18/07.

Any input on the pros, cons and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
tommo
December 21, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
Discount tickets are easily available in Salt Lake (and Ogden, for that matter). The Smiths and Dans grocery stores usually have them, but for different resorts, e.g. Smiths may have Solitude and Brighton, Dan's Snowbird and Canyons. Some of the local ski shops, e.g. Canyon Sports, also have discount tickets and they are usually the cheapest but also limited quantites, so they tend to run out as March rolls around. I have never seen discount Alta tickets at any establishment.

If you want to figure out who has what in advance, call any Dans, Smiths (Albertsons may have some as well) in the Salt Lake valley (I don't think the Park City locations sell them). Just ask for the Courtesy desk and they'll give you the resorts and prices. Then just drop by either on the way from the airport or in the evening prior to the day you want to ski. There's convienent locations downtown at about 6th north 12 east, on Wasatch Blvd, Along 33rd south, on 51st south (just keep going down the hill from Big Cottonwood, and many other locations.

I've never purchased on-line packages from an entity other than the resort operator; I too would be leary of those arrangements.
kennedy
December 22, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Wait til you get there. Most of the local ski shops sell lift tickets for PCR so you should be able to find someone who has them. Don't wait until you get to Park City though as none of the shops around the mountain sell them as far as I know.
MattM
December 22, 2006
Member since 03/1/2006 🔗
23 posts
Kennedy,

Can you buy tickets in advance or only the day your going to use them? We plan on staying in Park City.

Thanks
kennedy
December 22, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I'm pretty sure you can buy them in advance but I would call and check. I think ticket is activated when the barcode is scanned at the lift. If thats the case you can load up in advance. If you're renting a car it will take just afew minutes to jump off the interstate and hit up a store for some tix. If I remember corectly they are something like $56/day
b2otto2
December 25, 2006
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
Matt, when I booked my Snowbird/Alta trip in early Dec., I purchased a Ski Salt Lake Super Pass at Travelocity.com for $137.47, a 4 day plus one extra day free pass.

It includes: All-day lift privileges at Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude ski areas

The Snowbird Tram and Brighton Super Ticket (9am to 9pm when night skiing is available)

Round-trip travel on Utah Transit Authority (UTA) city buses, ski buses, and TRAX. The UTA ski buses provide service to Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude.

Brad,
Lic#, I LV2 SKI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.