Potency
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
jimmy
December 13, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Catchy subject eh? I've noticed as things age they sometimes lose their ability to perform .

I'm wondering about sunscreen. What do you all use; does anyone know if it become less effective after a season or two?
kwillg6
December 13, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
and with that topic title, here I thought you were talking about your little blue friend.
Leo
December 13, 2006
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
356 posts
Sun screen supposedly does have a shelf life...not sure what the average would be. I think bottles are stamped with an expiration date.

I can tell you what not to use. Many years ago at the age of 12, on my first trip out West, skiing at A-Basin, I thought I would help my chapped lips out and put Vaseline on them. They literally blistered. To about 4 times their normal size. Not fun at all. Vaseline actually amplifies the sun. Who knew. Not me, obviously.
kennedy
December 13, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Keep in mind as you ascend in altitude you need to up the SPF. The more intense sun and thinner atmosphere all contribute to easier burning. If you use an 8 at sea level you probably want to aim for maybe a 12+ in the mountains. That said this really applies more as you get to places like CO.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.