Thanksgiving in the Northwest?? WOW!!
12 posts
9 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 21, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I just received a snow report from Whistler-Blackcomb near Vancouver. They have received over 10 feet !!! of snow since 1 November. The pictures tell the story.
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/gallery/index.htm
All I can say is wow!
Happy Thanksgiving to all DCSkiers
The Colonel
dcmidnight
November 21, 2006
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
Kick ass. Wife and I are going up again in March, her 3rd trip out there, my 8th. Dont get time to ski much locally so its the only ski trip of more than 2 days I usually get to take. Love to get the snow reports this early in the year, what a treat.

Even better, United now runs a nonstop from Dulles to Vancouver. Beats the hell out of my usual runs through Minneapolis or Detroit on Northworst.

Whistler opened last weekend check out the photo album section from opening day:
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/gallery/nov06/index.htm
canaanman
November 21, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Don't get me wrong... I feel for all of you back in the Mid-Atlantic. But when Snowshoe opens Thursday, Mt. Baker will be 100% open and by the time I get up there Friday there ought to be about 3.5 feet of fresh powder to shred.
I'll drop a carve for each and every one of you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you/aggrivate ski patrol in the Mid-Atlantic at Christmas.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 22, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Send pictures.
Happy Thanksgiving.
The Colonel
Roger Z
November 22, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
And to think the other job I was in the final round for was in Bellingham... Well, I'm not sure the job was a good fit so I'm kind of glad they didn't extend an offer. I'd probably already be fired.

Have a great time CM!
warren
November 22, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Canaanman,
Hey man, shred it up Have some turkey, stuffing, and POW POW for the holidays

-Warren-
canaanman
November 25, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
I hope all of you are having an excellent Thanksgiving weekend full of food, first turns, and of course, football. I would like to thank just about everyone I know for helping me get to the Pacific NW and of course, Mother Nature for mountains and snow.

Here are a few shots from my Friday trip to Mt. Baker:

We have two seasons in WA indicated by white or green trees

Nearing the last town on the highway:

Starting our ascent to the resort:

Halfway to the lifts:

Thank you WSDOT, ensuring powder hounds can get to the powder:

Some resorts you line-up for the tram to get first tracks, at Baker you wait and start getting dressed in your car:

I don't want to even think about what it's like when that roadside indicator is buried:

That's about all I've got... when the snow's waist-deep you just don't stop to take the camera out.
Bumps
November 25, 2006
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Great pic.s I can't wait to see the ski shots!
fishnski
November 26, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Ahh..memories! I remember living up at Renton,WA(Seattle suberb) during Thanksgiving many years ago....Broke & sick of all the rain...I went up to Snoqualmie pass in search of the white stuff...SNOW! so piled up you couldn't even see over the sides of the roads.Those HUGE Machines they have to blow that snow off the roads are amazing! Then the snow level dropped & followed me all the way back down to seattle(sea Level)..13 inches of snow on the ground outside of my Apt complex om T-Giving day. I strapped on my ski's & with My 3 year old stepson on my shoulders we went Schussing!Unfortunately when their Snowlevels Drop Our snow levels rise here on the East Coast......You picked a great time Canaan Man! Have Fun..Be safe!...Anyway we can fill in those great Lakes To get a little Ocean effect for our Mountain's??!!
jimboc
November 27, 2006
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
Baker,WA
11/27/2006, 5:30am Today:16"
Yesterday: 24"
132" past 7 days
queenoftheslopes
November 27, 2006
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
Great pictures! I am really itching to ski now.

grumble. grumble. darn 60 degree temps.
canaanman
December 2, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Quote:

Baker,WA
11/27/2006, 5:30am Today:16"
Yesterday: 24"
132" past 7 days

yeah... that storm actually set a record for "most snowfall in a storm"

Ski and Tell