Whitetail vs. Seven Springs
6 posts
5 users
3k+ views
Kahuna613
December 10, 2003
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
If I want to go on a day trip on Friday....which should I go to? Whitetail doesn't have much open, but I have a 40 dollar voucher for lesson, lift, and rental. Seven Springs has a ton open, but their vertical is not as much and their one high speed lift doesn't really serve the more intermediate terrain. I might go to Whitetail just because I am bringing people who can take advantage of the 19 dollar package, but also others who would have to pay full price, approx. 70 dollars.
DC_Skier
December 10, 2003
Member since 01/2/2003 🔗
56 posts
Kahuna, Other than the fact that 7 Springs is 2 hours further, it is a no-brainer. 7 Springs hands down. It is not even in the same class with Whitetail. Don't sweat it about the vert. 7 Springs skis bigger than it is, but there is no steep or really challenging terrain, and their tix are $30 now on weekends (not sure what they will be on Friday).

I wouldn't worry about the lifts, it won't be crwded and you will be able to get a lot of runs in.

[This message has been edited by DC_Skier (edited 12-10-2003).]

finsoutoc
December 11, 2003
Member since 09/30/2003 🔗
172 posts
Springs all the way. save that voucher for later. To be honest, i'll be surprised if WT is even open on friday and if it is, its going to be crap.
Chad
December 11, 2003
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
i love whitetail, but the webcams were showing big ponds in the mixing bowl area earlier today. i would be surprised if they even opened tomorow.
(Anonymous)
December 11, 2003
Springs web cam shows good coverage.
Kahuna613
December 12, 2003
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
Yeah, its looking like Springs....I was considering Blue Mt. but I think Ill wait until they have more open....though they look pretty good. Looking at Whitetail's (which is closed today) cams...the snow has been decimated. Hopefully Spring will patch things up by tomorrow evening.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.