Cool Grassroots Ski Film Nov 10th In Arlington
5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Steady_Eddie
November 4, 2006
Member since 11/4/2006 🔗
2 posts
Hey all, the Powder Whores from Salt Lake are bringing their ski film on an east coast tour. Come enjoy a beer while you watch the film at the Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse Friday Nov 10th at 10:00 p.m. $10 admission includes raffle ticket. Check it out at powderwhore.com or look below:

"A thrilling, grassroots film that combines phenomenal ski footage with breathtaking scenery for a wild-and often humorous-extreme skiing adventure. Featuring and produced by backcountry skiers from the Salt Lake City area, PW06 follows a group of friends who push the absolute limits to take viewers to the ruggedly beautiful mountains of the American west and the treacherous top of North America, Mount McKinley. Outdoor enthusiast of all levels will enjoy this inspiring film created by people who truly love the mountains and adventure."

Swimmer
November 4, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
my wife and I plan to be there

steve
Steady_Eddie
November 5, 2006
Member since 11/4/2006 🔗
2 posts
Great Steve! I live in Arlington now and I'm actually in the Film. Not for my skiing, I led some of the guys on a trip to ski MT McKinley AK. It's an interesting part of the film. Please help spread the word so these guys from out west see that we have a serious ski crowd here in DC. Look forward to seeing you there.

Ed
ScotS244
November 6, 2006
Member since 01/29/2004 🔗
122 posts
Call Ski Chalet in Arlington and let them know this is going on. I know a bunch of them would love to see it and would likely tell a bunch of customers about it. You guys showed this movie at Brewvies in SLC and I fuggin' missed it. You plan on showing it again out here?
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
November 12, 2006
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I was there, with my best ski buddy and our bored wives. Great film and I really enjoyed the chance to see & meet you guys. The place was packed and the energy level was high. I wondered how many of them ski the backcountry, but no matter; the energy level was high. Most DC area b/c skiers appear here at least some of the time.
http://www.whitegrass.com/report.html
It doesn't have either the thrills or the risks of giant couloirs on Denali but the vibe is good. I like to say that the terrain isn't radical but the people are. Join us if you can.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.