Which Mid-Atlantic Resort will blow first?
20 posts
12 users
5k+ views
Tucker
November 1, 2006
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
Can anyone explain to me how I can post a pic...I tain't got a clue...I have the pic scanned onto my computer...what next...forget about global warming..anyone heard of the rapid loss of magnetism and the polarity of the planet...without a strong magnetic pull we're going to need more metal in the edges to pull us downhill...or we won't need lifts because we can go uphill much faster...no but seriously how do I post a picture...time to go pound the nails...
wvrocks
November 1, 2006
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
Hey Tucker, how's the lift addition coming along at T-line?

The picture has to be hosted somewhere else (like photobucket, etc) and linked here. More info from the FAQ...

How do I add an image to my message?
In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:

For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:

You can do the same for your signature. Click the option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image siz
SeaRide
November 1, 2006
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
{image}http://www.website.com/whatever/image.jpg{/image}

replace { & } with [ & ] i.e. [image]

Try it by put up the DCSki logo in your post.
it is http://www.dcski.com/images/2006/logo_anim.gif

remember to insert "[image]" at the beginning of the URL and "[/image]" (without quotes) at the end of URL
SeaRide
November 1, 2006
237 posts
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
bawalker
November 1, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Tucker - if you or anyone else is interested, I'll make room on my server for image hosting using software that will allow you to create galleries and such. Then all you will have to do is post a link of the image here on the forums.

If enough people are interested in having image hosting for DCSki, I'll talk to Scott and see if he wants to link my server and his up so that those who post images on mine... can have them displayed here.
kwillg6
November 1, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Without a doubt, it's gonna be snowshoe either tonight or tomorrow night if you're talking about making snow in this post. If you're asking a technical question about blowing or posting..... hmmmm,no comment.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 1, 2006
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Because of the way storms flow, Sugar Mountain in North Carolina often gets the cold, tailwinds of the storm first and as a consequence, is the first DCSki resort to blow snow.
Murphy
November 1, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
I thought one of the other NC resorts already test fired their guns ~10 days ago. Of course that's not Mid-Atlantic.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
November 1, 2006
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Further south than Sugar, Cataloochee, near Asheville, says they will open on Saturday the fourth. Last year they skied from 11/17 to 4/1- sort of the Loveland of the South. But you know what this means? It's here, the sweet beautiful, cold, icey, wonderful ski season is here. Officially. Doesn't matter the acerage or how long it lasts, but the season is here and there will be more to follow. smile everyone!
Murphy
November 1, 2006
618 posts
I saw that earlier today and thought it was a joke but it seems like it's for real. Those guys will ski on anything down there.
jimmy
November 1, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
hey dawg these guys up here will ski on about anything too . That's a loooong season anyway you look at it.

What's life like down there at VT AZ?
Murphy
November 1, 2006
618 posts
Quote:

What's life like down there at VT AZ?

Pardon my ignorance but what's VT AZ?
Tucker
November 1, 2006
893 posts
Tucker build houses good...Tucker work computers not so good...Tucker have beautiful girlfriend work computers good...BUUUUYA....

Tucker find glorious freshies and small rock drop with lift access...circa 03'..plus or minus
myrto
November 1, 2006
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
You said:
"anyone heard of the rapid loss of magnetism and the polarity of the planet...without a strong magnetic pull we're going to need more metal in the edges to pull us downhill"

Yes, actually the poles will reverse themselves.It is part oif a cycle.

"Every so often, our planet's magnetic poles reverse polarity (see When Compasses Point South). Compass needles have always pointed north; in a reversal, they would point south.

You could perhaps take comfort in the knowledge that these reversals happen infrequently-on average every 250,000 years-but maybe not when you consider that it's been over 700,000 years since the last reversal, and the next one may be currently underway. "

Taken from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/reversals.html
Tucker
November 2, 2006
893 posts
One thoery is that this infact is what happened to Mars....Maybe Mars once had some killer mountains and snow then with the gradual loss of it's magnetic field it could no longer fend off the strong radiation from the sun then it was destroyed and now resembles a Wal-Mart Parking lot without the pavement, parking spaces, or shopping carts...some predict the same will happen to earth and that it is happening right now...gradually...luckily unlike Mars, Earth will have plenty of Walmart parking lots left that will be littered with shopping carts and SUV's with "stay the course" bumper stickers on them...the hole thing, the loss of our magnetic field and all, has really been keeping me up at night...it will really screw with the compass and refrigerator magnet industry...I'm in the proccess of liquidating all my WWJD magnet stocks right now...that's an inside tip...so keep it on the DL...
gizmosnow
November 2, 2006
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Here's some positive news....
Local PGH forecaster just predicted this winter's snowfall to be 13 inches above average with colder than average temps!!!
SeaRide
November 3, 2006
237 posts
Re: Which Mid-Atlantic Resort will blow first?
Looks like Snowshoe blew first! But again, how do we know if they are just testing the guns or actually making snow?

See the pics for yourself.
http://www.snowshoemtn.com/mountain/photos/November06/index.htm
Roy
November 4, 2006
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Well I would say it is not gun testing. Especially since they plan to open November 22.

BTW, I went last year on opening day and had great snow quality and it wasn't too busy (yes limited trails open).
gizmosnow
November 5, 2006
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 4, 2006
Heavy-duty copper wire, valued at about $10,000, was taken Wednesday from Hidden Valley Four Seasons Resort in Somerset County.
State police at Somerset said the 3,025 feet of wire was removed from portable snow-blowing units that were in a parking area.

I GUESS IT'S NO SURPRISE THAT HV WON'T BE 'BLOWIN' ANYTIME SOON !
(You hate to think that 'mgmt' hocked the stuff)
Tucker
November 8, 2006
893 posts
Crazy....have they replace the wire...are they prepared to blow???

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.