Flurries in Wardensville
8 posts
6 users
1k+ views
bawalker
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I have to admit, this is the earliest I've seen flurries in the last few years. Not counting last years snowicane, I rarely see flakes before my birthday on Nov 15. Maybe this is a sign that longer, badder, and nastier winters are coming? At least I can hope.
tommo
October 23, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
Snowing pretty hard in Deep Creek. Currently 26 degrees and coming down. Ground is white but roads are just wet. Ahhhhh... October!
Roger Z
October 23, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Just saw a forecast for Mount Mitchell- low of 16 tonight, high of 29 tomorrow. Snow both days, windchills down to THREE BELOW ZERO. Now, in the middle of January a three below zero windchill is **yawn**, but this is NC, this is late October, and they're not even going to have a high breaking freezing.

Murphy mentioned that Mount Leconte has already been down to 13 earlier this month. And here in KC this morning was nice and frosty- it was probably one of the nicest dry cold temperatures I've felt in two years (certainly didn't feel much of it last year!). I really, really hope Mother Nature isn't pulling another fast one this October. I really, really hope that NOAA proves as adept at predicting the winter as they did at predicting hurricanes. Time will tell!

ps- Brad 22 posts to go. No cheating! You should see the chick that jumps out of the congratulations cake!
bawalker
October 24, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
So I guess one word posts don't count eh?

Ohhhh a girl will actually be attracted to me for once, even if she's paid to do so!!!
RyanC
October 24, 2006
Member since 11/28/2003 🔗
160 posts
Quote:

I have to admit, this is the earliest I've seen flurries in the last few years. Not counting last years snowicane, I rarely see flakes before my birthday on Nov 15. Maybe this is a sign that longer, badder, and nastier winters are coming? At least I can hope.

Wow- your birthday falls on the same day as mine

Unfortunately, I'm not really looking forward to being closer to 30 than 20

Back on topic, I did see a little mixed precip in Canaan Friday afternoon. No snow, though, just sleet.
bawalker
October 24, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Welcome to my world, I will be officially 2 years from 30 in a few weeks. Dang it it had better be a blizzard for me to make up for the lost years.
yellowdog
October 24, 2006
Member since 10/18/2004 🔗
45 posts
The guy putting a new roof on my house in Old Timberline said they had 3" on the ground up there this morning.
jonjon1
October 24, 2006
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
Quote:

The guy putting a new roof on my house in Old Timberline said they had 3" on the ground up there this morning.

Yup. 2.9" total this morning in Davis for my 8 a.m. observation.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?