4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
tromano
October 22, 2006
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Quote:

I just wen mtn biking up at 7S for the first time last weekend. The trails up there are awesome and I had alot of fun. I am noob biker and bushwacker helped kick my butt the first day. See you next saturday!

One potentially interesting thing I noticed is that they have just recently widend the corkscrew trail. You know the switchbacks between goodbumps and avalanche. Its been widend to ~15 ft and graded pretty smooth too, seeded, Hmmm... I wonder why they would be working on a bike trial in october? hmm... its a mystery.

The signs are up. Corkscrew is now marked as blue square for skiing. Haven't seen any mention of it elsewhere so here u go.
RobertW
October 23, 2006
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
It's nice to see this lost trail return! This used to be a classic PA ski area goat path that could only exist in the days before personal injury lawyers. Narrow, Icy and almost impossible to make a turn on! I'm sure it will be more fun in version 2.0.
jb714
October 24, 2006
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
where is Corkscrew located?
BushwackerinPA
October 24, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
between avalanche and goosebumps, and IMO they spoiled it. Me and my friend use to race down this all the time last year. Narrow and riddle with log and rocks = fun.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.