ski trip
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
slcondor
October 19, 2006
Member since 10/19/2006 🔗
1 posts
I'm trying to plan a trip for my daughter and I for early January, midweek, 3-4 days and would like advice for good local resorts for advanced beginners. Thoughts on Wisp, Camelback and Snowshoe would be appreciated.
kennedy
October 19, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Never been to Camelback but I've heard good things. Wisp and 7 Springs are both solid choices. Wisps new terrain which opened last year is very beginner friendly, perhaps a little too much so in that it's a little uneventful. The grade is consistent and continuous. Think of it is a nice wide road covered in snow. 7 Springs has a little more variety in terms of beginner terrain and to be honest I feel like it's a little more fun at that level in that it tends to be more open ended. Many of the trails locally are kind of like funnels. You pick a trail and once you're on it you pretty much have to follow it to it's conclusion. 7 Springs trails are a little more organic in that you start at the top, you end at the bottom and you have no idea what trails you took to get there. All you really know is that you had a lot of fun getting there.

If you're pretty comfortable on blues the Wisp evens out with 7 Springs a bit more and you won't be disappointed in either. Some of the best riding I had locally last year was at both of those places. I think we might even be spending New Years at 7 Springs.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?