Canaan Valley NWR Open Houses Scheduled for Oct
3 posts
2 users
tgd
September 28, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
US Fish and Wildlife has announced a series of open house meetings to solicit public input into the development of their 15 year plan for management of the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge. Meetings will be held Oct 12, 13, and 14th in Elkins, Parsons, and Thomas respectively. Since the refuge was opened many many miles of existing trails were closed to both XC skiing and Mountain Biking. Hopefully this will be an opportunity to get more trails opened for access. Details at the following link:

http://www.fws.gov/canaanvalley/ccp-scoping.html
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 29, 2006
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I wish you had chosen a different title for this thread. I did not know what "NWR" was and almost ignored this post because I thought it was a pitch for real estate in the Canaan Valley. I am afraid that others will make the same mistake and therefore this event won't get the publicity it deserves.
tgd
September 29, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Quote:

I wish you had chosen a different title for this thread. I did not know what "NWR" was and almost ignored this post because I thought it was a pitch for real estate in the Canaan Valley. I am afraid that others will make the same mistake and therefore this event won't get the publicity it deserves.

Denis - point well taken. Hopefully new title on my response appears and clears this up.

Tom

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?