Attention all skiing golfers
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
therusty
August 24, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Whitetail has announced a combination season pass for golfing and skiing. Buy a ski season pass now (for as low as $535 if you ask Rusty nicely) and you can add on a golf pass for $635. The total is less than the normal yearly golf season pass is and the golf pass is good from now through the end of 2007 (16 months)!!!
TerpSKI
August 25, 2006
Member since 03/10/2004 🔗
167 posts
Quote:

Whitetail has announced a combination season pass for golfing and skiing. Buy a ski season pass now (for as low as $535 if you ask Rusty nicely) and you can add on a golf pass for $635. The total is less than the normal yearly golf season pass is and the golf pass is good from now through the end of 2007 (16 months)!!!

"Skiing Golfer"??? I proudly consider myself a golfing SKIER!!

Really nice deal there!
TerpSKI
August 30, 2006
Member since 03/10/2004 🔗
167 posts
therusty,

Have you played this course? How would you rate it?
therusty
August 30, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Terp,

I have played this course several times. I rank it as "special" in my life list. The front 9 is links style, the back nine has 4 holes that are almost links style, but are tucked in to environmental areas and 5 holes that are built into the side of the mountain that really make the course unique. There are a lot of risk reward choices on each hole. Most holes have some punishment for short or long shots. Many holes have high grass or woods to punish left/right wayward shots, yet there are times when you think you've hit into the grass, but it's opened up and you're fine. There are very few blind shots. The course was built with a wide variety of tee boxes. The current configuration of 4 tee colors has been changed from previous years. The back (black) tees are extremely challenging (definitely for single digit handicappers only). IMO, the white and yellow tees correspond to a normal public courses blue + white tees, but that 1/2 the tees are shifted forward one box (which ones are more forward change now and then). This tends to take the sting out of the trouble as long as you don't get greedy and also will vary your course experience from visit to visit.

It's a very pretty course, especially in the fall (the colors are a couple weeks earlier than down in DC). There's a lot of wildlife (I saw a fox and some turkeys last Sunday. I've seen a beaver on the fairway.) The course has some long gaps between holes and a couple of tough climbs for walkers, but I have walked the course several times. You are allowed to walk, but there is no discount for walking (cart price is included).

The course is generally open through the winter, but will close when it's snow covered. Despite the links style, the course holds snow surprisingly long. I've skied in the morning and golfed in the afternoon several times.

There is no alcohol available. Alcohol was available for a short time while the course was owned by a public entity that was exempt from the township prohibitions.
KevR
August 30, 2006
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
I've heard its a nice course -- also I have actually X-C skied and golfed at the same time, once -- one hole... decided it was silly but points for creativity!

Perhaps with downhill and a polo-like move, a proper strike can be had!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.