CV Seasonal Rental
8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
TomH
August 2, 2006
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts
Looking for a seasonal or maybe even year long rental in CV. Just my wife and myself so it doesn't have to be very large. Anyone know where to start looking?

Thanks
yellowsnow
August 2, 2006
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Tom,
Lots of possibilities.
You could call Deerfield, 1-800-342-3217.
Just curious, will you be working there or on some sort of temporary assignment?
Dave
TomH
August 2, 2006
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts
We are thinking of buying in the area, but would first like to spend a season in the area to figure out where we would like to buy ect.
jimmy
August 2, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Tom, I talked w/one of the valley realtors about season rental in may of 05. They told me that they start putting their list of available properties together sometime after Labor Day, said I was #1 on the list never got a return call tho, found a better deal on dcski for a bum like me . I'd suggest you call a couple of realtors and tell them your looking to buy, want a season rental to check the valley out......
fb
August 3, 2006
Member since 03/16/2006 🔗
68 posts
Tom,

check the classified section....your opportunity just came up.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
August 4, 2006
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
There's a lot of re-sale houses on the market right now in CV, but not as many re-sale condos. If you want a house, I'd make an offer on one and forgo renting. I think it is becoming a buyer's market for houses at this point. However, prices are sticky. A lot of sellers are fishing for a a high price. You will want to negotiate hard and make multiple offers on multiple houses before you settle on anything. Don't get attached to any single property and be prepared to walk if you don't get the price you want. Renting for a season would be throwing away cash unless you willing to settle for a cheaper deal in Davis or Thomas, which is not that bad, btw, and will put you in close contact with locals who know the scene well.
kwillg6
August 9, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
We have a house in the dryfork area we are going to rent for either the year or season. It's about 10 minutes from t-line road and although not big, it would give someone a home base for the season. 2 br, 1 and a half baths, We just purchased it so I haven't had a chance to work on the improvements we want to do just yet. The rental price could be negotiable. E-mail me if interested.
dmh
August 10, 2006
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
You might want to contact Black Bear Resort. It is at the north end of the valley, reasonable distance to the ski areas and close to Davis. It has virtually identical pedestal houses that range from small (600 sq feet with ladder to the loft) to large (700 sf with spiral stairs to loft) to deluxe (same as large except jaucuzzi in the pedestal). I own a house there and know many homeowners are primarily summer/fall users so you might be able to work out a reasonable winter rental. There is the added advantage of having on-site maintenace staff if anything breaks.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?