Leapin' Leipheimer to Discovery!
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
KevR
July 26, 2006
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Looks like Levi is heading back to Discovery, a good move. He animated this years race somewhat, i think a good ride for him but no stage win to show for it -- bummer.
Also saw that WADA is considering banning altitude tents which i think it perhaps to spirit of sport, but not really pragmatic.
Levi endorces one, colorado alt tents or somesuch as does Hincapie.
You know, I feel that's a dead give away that pro ranks are full of alternative means of boosting the oxygen carrying capacity of one's blood stream...

Alas...
tgd
July 26, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I've always liked Levi, though he's never shown the edge to make it to the top tier of cycling. He did animate the Tour more this year than in the past, but also suffered through a number of bad days. He's suffered from being on teams that were not really sure what they wanted to focus on in the Grand Tours - Rabobank and Gerolsteiner. Levi is a stage racer foremost, so the move to Discovery may help him. However, I don't think he will be Bruneel's first choice for team leader in any of the Grand Tours. He may be relegated to be the Bobby Julich of Discovery.
KevR
July 26, 2006
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
No but they don't have any one else, that i can tell (regardless of public statement to the contrary!)

i heard they were talking to Ullrich a little but he'll have to avoid a ban to race next season, or ever again probably

Right now I think he's shooting for "you can't really prove anything so i'll just deny it"

It may work, it worked for Virenque!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?