Snowshoe Property Owner's Weekend (Memorial Wknd)
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
fb
May 30, 2006
Member since 03/16/2006 🔗
68 posts
Anyone have any updates on info from the property owners weekend?
Rich
May 31, 2006
Member since 11/30/2000 🔗
194 posts
Yes ... and there was almost a revolt. If you're with Snowshoe Rental (well, THAT's your decision) you know, if one glass is broken or one cup, they immediately replace it and charge you according. Now, you will be charged $100/yr for an insurance policy covering breakage, and an additional $11/month maintenance (I guess to count your spoons). Personally, I would never rent out my unit - I want my OWN linens, china, crystal, flatware, and personal items - and I want them there and in the same condition as I left them! With Snowshoe Realty, anyone from Charles Manson to a 16 yo w/ a credit card (and 10 friends) can trash your place...they just log on and book it.

Also, the whole "weekend": was really just a sales pitch for joining Snowshoe Rental and hiring their housekeeping. I went to look at some furniture items and buy mattresses - but they didn't do that like in years past.
snowcone
May 31, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Were there any pitches about the Widowmaker replacement quad and what kind of runs and how many will be added there for the coming season? I'm trying to decide whether its worth it to buy seasons passes again this year.
DWW
May 31, 2006
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
There will only be 15 acres of new "terrain" this year supporting the new "Soaring Eagle Express". Basically access trails and some widening and lengthening for the lift. They said that the lower end of the lift will be 80 feet below the current (and also higher on the upper end), to "accomodate future expansion" of that area. They said that Intrawest had "deferred" any capital allocation for new trails until next year. They said Intrawest was being tight this year with the dollars and that there were only two new lifts purchased across all of thier resorts - Snowshoe got one of them and Whistler the other. The plan for "Soaring Eagle Express" area includes a new advanced, intermediate and beginner trail and "hopefully" will done in 2007/2008. The environmental approvals have been completed, it's just a matter of getting the capital from Dad. The homeowners made it loud and clear that the resort must have more terrain to support growth. Patience is running out.
Rich
May 31, 2006
Member since 11/30/2000 🔗
194 posts
I saw the tops of the lift poles (the T with the rollers on it) lined up across from ToTW. I want to be there to see the helicopter lifting the poles and setting them in place. I understand 3 new runs to the right (looking down). I'd grab a Season Pass right now. I think they're about $350 vs. $650 in Season. I joined the Volunteer Program and for working a couple of Events this Summer, get a free Season Pass.
P.S. - you have no idea how beautiful the Village, the golf course, and all the property is right now. Plants, flowers, mulch - wish I had their landscaping crew for my house in MD ... wait...couldn't afford them! Oh, and the mountain biking setup is unbelievable. I said "I'd love to do those jumps and stuff on SKIS, but forget on a bike".
snowcone
May 31, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
I read an article last week discussing last season's receipts of various companies. Basically Intrawest did not do all that well due to late snow fall in the west/CA, the strikes at Tremblant, and the shorter/warmer than usual season in the east. I imagine they will be full conserve mode this coming season, especially with the buildout going on at Mammoth.

Thanks for the update. I guess this year we will pay as we go at SS and save the season pass bucks for more time out west.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?