Timberline Sunday? anyone with conditions report?
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
ndskier
April 1, 2006
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
56 posts
Was thinking about heading down to timberline for the day tomorrow and was wondering how the conditions are. Expecting it to be soft, spring snow, but are there lots of thin areas and bare spots. Main concern is the condition of Off the Wall and the Drop, any reports would be appreciated.
tgd
April 1, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
my g2 is not up to date...but last sunday 3/26, both the Drop and OTW were in excellent shape with plenty of snow and no bare spots. Weather has been mild there all week, with negligable rain so I would think it is going to be OK.
danielle
April 3, 2006
Member since 05/17/2004 🔗
10 posts
Well I guess it's really too late for a conditions report now, but Sunday everything was open with the exception of Thunderstruck in the earlier part of the day.(It was opened in the afternoon because everyone was going on it anyway.) Everything was slushy with a few bare spots on various trails, but for the most part there was plenty of cover in the middle of the trails.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 3, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Thanks for the post. Sounds like typical WV Alps end of season (in April) conditions...enjoyable skiing with no crowds.
By the way, where is St. Albans WV?
The Colonel
bawalker
April 3, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
St. Albans, WV is about 30 min north west of Charleston, WV. Below is a link to Yahoo maps showing how to get there from West Springfield:

http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/#maxp=locatio...6195&mag=11
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 3, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Thanks Brad. When one looks at the map you sent it is obvious why Corridor H is needed. It would nearly bisect the middle of the map. I had never used this Yahoo map capability...pretty slick.
The Colonel
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?