SILVERCREEK opening soon?
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
snowcone
December 2, 2003
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
SS gives Silver Creek opening date as December 12. I wonder if they might open earlier if SS gets a decent dump this weekend?
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 2, 2003
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Chuckie, Snowshoe has begun making snow at the Silver Creek area but announced formally today that Silver Creek wouldn't open until December 12.

That's on a Friday, and exactly one week after Snowshoe plans to open its main basin area. Since Snowshoe is primarily a destination resort, it usually times openings to start on weekends. The pattern usually goes from Snowshoe basin area to Silver Creek to the Western Territory.

If I had to bet, I would say that Silver Creek probably won't open until December 12 even if conditions permit. There will be a lot of terrain open at the Snowshoe basin side and it's easier to blast new trails with snow when there aren't folks skiing on them. The main thing Silver Creek will add is a terrain park and night skiing, and a place for crowds to spread out, although there probably won't be crowds this early in the season. (Then again, with all the snowstorms, who knows?)

[This message has been edited by Scott (edited 12-02-2003).]

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 2, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I just received an e-mail from one of the Snowshoe managers saying that Snowshoe is going to stand firm on the 12 December date for Silver Creek.

I like Silver Creek myself but the Basin will be offering plenty of terrain for people to enjoy this weekend.

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 12-02-2003).]

chuckie
December 3, 2003
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
So I'm hearing that SNOWSHOE is getting ready to open...

Anybody know when the SILVERCREEK area is going to open?

thanks

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.