Red Mountain and Whitewater next week
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I am off tomorrow morning (3/18) for a week in some of the continent's most famous powder stashes. Will meet son John in Minneapolis where we will sit together on the flight to Spokane. From there it's a 2.5 hr. drive (mapquest time, which is always conservative) to Rossland, BC. We've never skied either one but have done Fernie and Panorama and Whistler/Blackcomb. W/B has more to offer in one location than anyplace else in N. Am. but the interior of BC offers equally good terrain, better snow, and <5% of the people at 1/2 the price. Trip report in a couple of weeks.
Roger Z
March 17, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Can't wait to hear what you have to say! That region- including Sun Peaks and Silver Star as well- has long been on my list of "boy would that be a neat region to check out." Will you bring back pictures, too?
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
2,337 posts
Hopefully pictures and video. Just bought a 1 Gb chip for the camera.
JohnL
March 17, 2006
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:

Just bought a 1 Gb chip for the camera.

It's crazy how low memory/storage prices have fallen.

Have fun. As other ski regions have gootten more developed & popular, in-land BC seems to have still remained relatively undeveloped and uncrowded. Hope it remains so for a while.

Gonna do any cat skiing on the trip?
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
2,337 posts
Maybe, but then again if it's good enough inbounds, maybe not. And, there is this to consider,
http://www.avalanche.ca/bulletin/view.aspx?bulletinID=1602
BushwackerinPA
March 17, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Hey if you can find it "Sinners' is one of the best ski movie I have ever seen. Ski art in fact. IT was filmed in Nelsons, BC and makes me want to go skiing(truthfully not a hard task) everytime I see it.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?