Directions to Snowshoe (again)
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
ridenski - DCSki Supporter 
March 16, 2006
Member since 04/11/2004 🔗
82 posts
I know this topic has been beaten into the ground, but the search function keeps taking time outs and I don't think this particular variation has been covered anyway. Taking my first trip ever to Snowshoe tomorrow, leaving from Timberline. Anyone know the best route from Tline to the Shoe? Also, is it about two hours travel time assuming the weather doesn't get nasty? Tline was in very good shape today; lots of coverage on the open terrain (The Drop and OTW are open, terrain park features closed but being worked on, probably for this weekened). Should be a great Snowy Luau but I figure I've got to try the Shoe at least once, and this is a good opportunity.
jimmy
March 16, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Two hours is about right, South to Harman, west to elkins, south on 219 and follow the signs to snowshoe.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Where are you staying? Perhaps we could ski a couple of runs together. Respond to this email, I'll have my laptop! Or use the private mail function in DCSki to send me a note. I'll be wearing a red/black Columbia jacket, black wind pants, red ski boots, silver Volant skis, dark blue helmet, goggles, AND A DCSKI PIN on my jacket.
The Colonel
ridenski - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
Member since 04/11/2004 🔗
82 posts
Jimmy, thanks for the info. Yahoo had the route to Seneca Rocks; your way looks better. Colonel, since the snow for today looks a little too liquid for my tastes I'm going to pack it in and head back home. My plan was for a day trip from Tline, but I'm going to reschedule it for some near-epic day next season. Have a great weekend!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 17, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Sorry we will miss each other. Next weekend should offer some epic spring skiing at Snowshow and their Beach Weekend! It is supposed to stay below freezing or near for highs all of next week.
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.