Snow for the end of March?
6 posts
5 users
kwillg6
March 10, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
I was checking the 15 day forcast from (in)accuweather and lo and behold, the end of the week of March 20th indicates a white ending in the valley. I know it's too early to bank on this type of forcast so far into the future, but my imagination is running into glades of fresh pow pow! Also giving me hope is the history of the last two seasons when two years ago closing day had an epic dump and last year gave us 9" of fresh. John, get out your rabbit's foot and four leaf clover....
tgd
March 10, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
woo woo!!! I'll do my part to not jinx it - I'll bring my mountain bike back to the valley that weekend.
Murphy
March 10, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Hopefully we won't have to wait that long. There's snow in the forecast for Tuesday night.
fishnski
March 12, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
It Ain't over till the fat lady in the tight ski pants sings! Starting Tues nite & untill further notice the cold & snow will return....Too late for the lowlands but just in time for the Highlands! Looks like some snow here & there this week ending with a better than even chance Fri into sat Making this coming W-End a SNOWY Luao at TL! Even down here in SE NC where the Beaches are packed & the temps are in the low 80's this W-End, Next W-End will be in the 58 to 62 degree range. To early for summer...Let it snow,snow,snow!..PS Johnf, 6 bald eagles reported up at Canaan Valley..you see any of them? They might be wearing some woolies on their bald heads this coming W-End!
bawalker
March 12, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I think even for Wisp which is one of the higher elevated resorts, it may be pushing the envelope of how much further their season can last. I was there on Friday and water was developing under the snow, several trails only had a path of 4' wide to go down on, and they were loosing green's left and right. If only they get 1-2' of snow this coming week or at least make some to patch things up, but I highly doubt either is the case at this point.

Now to take my board in for a waxing and sanding after getting mushed leaves staining the bottom of it.
fishnski
March 12, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Just remember, the BOTTOM of the West Va chairlifts are a few hundred feet higher in elevation than the TOP of Wisps(even 7springs) chairlifts! With that said WV needs help fast!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.