Who has the most reliable forcast for Snowshoe?
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
TennesseeSkier
March 4, 2006
Member since 01/22/2006 🔗
25 posts
Well our Snowshoe trip is only one week away. I took a peak at The Weather Channel's 10 day forcast for Snowshoe online, WC's 10 Day Forcast , and it says next Friday and Saturday, rain with highs of 70.

Can anyone tell me how reliable The weather channel's forcast for Snowshoe's area? Snowshoe's website says "...Look for the cold temperatures and more snow to remain in the forecast all of next week."

I just found the National Weather Services forcast as well. NWS 10 Day forcast Seems to be quite different than The Weather Channel's.

Does anyone know if their reporting stations, or forcast are actually for Snowshoe? Or just another nearby city?
Can anyone help us out? We would kinda like to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks...
snowcone
March 4, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Rule #1 - no weather service can ACCURATELY predict weather 7-10 days out.
Rule #2 - commercial weather sites such as Accuweather, Weather.com are prone to hype and not dependable.
Rule #3 - Snowshoe site is pretty decent and accurate in what the print, they just may not print the whole truth.

... and, most important ...
Rule #4 - the weather has NOTHING to do with your ski vacation ... SKIING does! So just do it!
skier219
March 4, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Based on my experience, I would trust the NWS point forecast the most. It takes the elevation into account. And don't bother projecting more than about 3-4 days out. Sometimes, the mountain forecast changes HOURLY.
POWPOW
March 7, 2006
Member since 05/10/2005 🔗
124 posts
I pretty much go with NOAA for all over the country. It has been pretty darn close most of the time.
kwillg6
March 8, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
NOAA is the best. The new feature of they have which can give a weekly prediction/map of temp and precip is interesting. They are specific to snowshoe as a weather island and the forcast temps reflect that.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?